Thursday, November 10, 2022

Who are we trying to please anyway?

Are you finding yourself lagging behind? Are you honestly not doing your best? As a Christ follower, it is never acceptable to do anything half way or half heartedly. It is NEVER acceptable to accept failure! After all, Who are we trying to please anyway?

It is easy to find ourselves caught up in a world where half effort is acceptable. Getting by is ok. After all, we can always catch up later . . . right? Really? What if we run out of time?

“The harvest is past,the summer is ended, and we are not saved!” (Jeremiah 8:20)

Oh I know . . . Thant won't happen to me. I always have things under control. So I am a little late for things. I am always a few minutes late . . . a day to two late . . . I'll make it up by the end of the month, by next month . . . before it is too late. Then, it becomes too late!

Assignments past due . . . deadlines missed . . .  bills overdue . . . job not completed . . . failing grade . . . services cut off . . . dismissed from a job . . . illness strikes . . .  too late!!!!

Has God ever come up short, late, or failed us? Absolutely not! So why do we dismiss our actions as acceptable before such a holy God? Who are we trying to please anyway? Is it getting too late?


We then, as workers together with Him also plead with you not to receive the grace of God in vain. For He says: “In an acceptable time I have heard you, and in the day of salvation I have helped you.” Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Corinthians 6:1-2)

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...