Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Election Day has come and gone.


I recently read these comments on line:

Why should I "submit" to a government that I believe is moving in the wrong direction? I love my country and want to cooperate with the political system, but I'm struggling to understand what the Bible says on this subject. How in the world can the apostle Paul tell Christians to submit to the authorities (Romans 13:1-7) when we know for a fact that many human governments are corrupt and unjust? What should a believer do when he feels that his own government is "ungodly"?

Man . . . are your thinking along the same lines? I know I am! So what do we do? Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. (Romans 13:1)

Well, we all know God is sovereign. He rules and overrules from heaven. So our answer is clear. As long as we can exist without denying Christ or compromising our faith, we must do our best to cooperate with government. We do not have to endorse all of their policies or approve of every action they take. In our democratic society, it is the duty of responsible (CHRISTian) citizens to examine public servants with a discerning, critical, and biblical eye. However, we are responsible to uphold biblical righteousness in a hostile culture while also expressing respect for its leadership.

Election Day has come and gone. I hope and pray we all performed our civic duty to vote, but our Kingdom duty to vote biblically. We cannot afford to align with parties, but with God!

Stay prayerful friends . . .Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. (2 Timothy 2:2)

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...