Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Everyone doesn't get God's agenda!

 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

(Romans 8:5‭-‬8)

How many of us seek to make others happy. .   or at least do not wish to make others unhappy?

Yeah. . . that's me too. Not that I am too good at it though. I screw it up a lot. 

More importantly though is living to please God more than people. We just cannot do both! Many times, people just don't understand this. I am not trying to make you unhappy, just trying to please God over you

Ever been there?

It doen't seem fair at times, but it is reality. Everyone doesn't get God's agenda! More importantly, what God has for me is for me!

The struggle comes in living out His will in my life while bringing others closer to Him as well. It takes a lot of His love, grace, understanding, and patience. It takes a humble and selfless spirit. 

Lord, help me to live  in Your Spirit and not my own selfish flesh!

No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....