Monday, July 25, 2022

Live in His Spirit: It is not about me!

 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

(Galatians 5:22‭-‬26)

And . . .

Coming out, He went to the Mount of Olives, as He was accustomed, and His disciples also followed Him. When He came to the place, He said to them, “Pray that you may not enter into temptation.” And He was withdrawn from them about a stone’s throw, and He knelt down and prayed, saying, “Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done.” Then an angel appeared to Him from heaven, strengthening Him. And being in agony, He prayed more earnestly. Then His sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground. When He rose up from prayer, and had come to His disciples, He found them sleeping from sorrow. Then He said to them, “Why do you sleep? Rise and pray, lest you enter into temptation.”

(Luke 22:39‭-‬46)

As I am learning in my walk with Jesus, the more I stay in His Spirit (keeping my mind on Him), the less things are are about me and the more others can see Christ in me.


That make sense?

It is easy to get caught up in what makes me happy and what makes me look good.

If I can just be like Jesus and see past my own vision. . . walk in His Spirit. . . and make my life more about Him and His will. 

Lord, help me to walk in Your Spirit at home, at work, and yes even on vacation.

I got work to do!


No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....