Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Grieving God...😟

Therefore, putting away lying, “Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor,” for we are members of one another. “Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, nor give place to the devil. Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need. Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
(Ephesians 4:25‭-‬30)

How many times have you actually thought about how much we cause God to grieve?

Think about it; the things we think . . . things we watch . . . music we listen to. . . things we say to one another. . . the sins we flippantly commit and simply apologize for. . . Do we realize we are actually grieving God the Holy Spirit living within us? 
 

I think of Paul when he wrote: For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
(Romans 7:19-20)

It disgusts me at times. It has to grieve God!
This is me! While it is good to know that the most learned of all apostles was not perfect, it still bothers me that I keep on doing the same! 

I really want to please God! Let's pray for one another as we seek to please Him πŸ˜Š rather than grieve HimπŸ˜₯!

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...