Monday, March 28, 2022

Friendship with Jesus

How do I get to know Jesus? Great question!  Well, how do we get to know anyone? How do we become friends?

  • We have conversations . . . meaningful conversations with one another.
  • We walk with them from time to time, spending quality time to get to know one another. 
  • We listen to one another to hear what is in one another's heart.
  • We follow along with them in life's journey.

Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.  No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit . . . (John 15:13-16)

Are we willing to invest in the friendship Jesus offers? It is a definite choice one must make. It must begin somewhere . . . some time. Is today the day?

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...