Tuesday, June 16, 2020

God's Will. . . I Want That!

Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. (1John 5:14-15)
 God's Will. . . I Want That! But how in this world do we know what God wants? Well, it starts with knowing God through Jesus Christ! (John 14:6) Then we must read of Him in His Word, learn from those who know more, and then put it in to practice. As we learn about God over HIS-tory, we get in to know His character. God will never do anything against His character.....He simply cannot!

As we seek to please God, we begin to live in His will day by day. Oh yes, we will fall and tumble at times, but this too is a learning process. . . learning of His grace and mercy! We ask God (James 1:5) and we seek after Him (Hebrews 11:6). Even our failures and evils of this world teach us of God and His love, compassion, and willingness to be one with us (John 17). As we grow and mature, our desires
becomes His desires for us.

God's will. . . I want that for myself, my family, my church, this world. . . but it starts with just God and me! What about you?

No comments:

To my young people . . .Enjoy life with restraint

Rejoice, O young man, in your youth, and let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth; walk in the ways of your heart and in the sigh...