Monday, June 15, 2020

asking the Lord

You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.(John 15:16)
Just when I think I am something special, God reminds me that it is He Who is the only really special thing in this life!  Oh sure, I have a special, beautiful and precious bride, special children and grandchildren indeed, and what we have as a family is indeed special! However, God chose to save me for His work and for His glory and for others to see Him at work in me, not my work for Him! I am what and who I am today because of what God has done!

Three years ago I began asking the Lord
to allow our youngest son to attend Liberty University. I knew the leg work I would have to do as far as letter writing, interviews, etc, to walk out this faith in God. Not many beloved me when I said, "God will do it."

You see, we adopted Michael at birth in 2002. We named him Michael Gerard (gift from God and mighty in battle) while He was still being formed in his birth mother's womb. We dedicated him at Woodstream Church at six weeks and He was saved at five. He has attended CHRISTian schools his entire life with the help of God and His people: God even granting me degrees to teach at those schools!

Now, three years later, Michael has graduated high school and has registered at Liberty University for the fall of 2020! He has provided what we have asked! God has granted my prayer!!!

Lord, now work in and through L.U., its instructors, the staff, and the students to prepare Michael for what you have planned for him! He is and always has been Yours!!!!


No comments:

To my young people . . .Enjoy life with restraint

Rejoice, O young man, in your youth, and let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth; walk in the ways of your heart and in the sigh...