Friday, June 26, 2020

God Desires to Give Grace, not Punishment

I will extol You, O Lord, for You have lifted me up, And have not let my foes rejoice over me. O Lord my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me. O LordYou brought my soul up from the grave; You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit. Sing praise to the Lord, you saints of His, and give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name. For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life . . . (Psalm 30:1-5)

I do praise You God, because unlike people, You forgive and forget! I tend to forgive, but seem to always to hold on to the memories of the hurt. But You God . . .WOW!

You desire to give grace, not punishment. Even Your consequences are graceful. leading to repentance and renewed fellowship. I should be dead, as the psalmist wrote, yet You offered grace, forgiveness, friendship, and eternal life!

Your discipline may last for a time, but compared to eternity, it is gratefully accepted. So Lord, take away my pride and keep me humble. Help me to see others as You see me . . . in need of grace, empathy, compassion, and mercy. (Micah 6:8) God desires to give grace, not punishment.





No comments:

To my young people . . .Enjoy life with restraint

Rejoice, O young man, in your youth, and let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth; walk in the ways of your heart and in the sigh...