Thursday, June 25, 2020

God Alone When I am Alone

To You I will cry, O Lord my Rock:
Do not be silent to me,
Lest, if You are silent to me,
I become like those who go down to the pit.
Hear the voice of my supplications
When I cry to You,
When I lift up my hands toward Your holy sanctuary. (Psalm 28: 1-2)

 Despite my failings and shortcomings . . .my SINS . . .God continues to be my Rock and my Strength. He is faithful when I am not . . .which is way too often. 

Yet, He is still God . . . still understanding . . . still forgiving! It is God alone even when I am alone in my sin. When others abandon me, shun me, reject me (and rightly so), He remains open to my pleas for mercy and grace. His mercies are new every day and His grace is available to all who call upon Him with a genuine heart. Only God . . . .

Yet, He demands excellence. Jesus told his disciples that if they loved Him, they (we) would keep His commandments. I strive to be holy, because He is holy, yet only by His grace am I able to stand before Him. I thank God for hearing my heart even when my words and actions fail Him. 

Please honor Your Word Lord and forgive me, cleanse me, renew my heart for You Lord!(1 John 1:9)

No comments:

To my young people . . .Enjoy life with restraint

Rejoice, O young man, in your youth, and let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth; walk in the ways of your heart and in the sigh...