Monday, June 29, 2020

This poor man cried out, and the Lord heard him


I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.My soul shall make its boast in the Lord;The humble shall hear of it and be glad. Oh, magnify the Lord with me,And let us exalt His name together. sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.They looked to Him and were radiant, and their faces were not ashamed.This poor man cried out, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, and delivers them. (Psalm 34:1-7)
More than four years ago when walking the campus of Liberty University with a group of our ministry teens, I asked the Lord to somehow allow our son Michael to be able to attend Liberty. You see, as missionary/teachers, we do not have the funds to pay for a college education. It would have to be God or Community College! Our son is a great kid, loving son, caring for friends and family, but is challenged in the classroom. Occasionally he would make honor roll. He would even take and do well in a few AP courses along the way. I must say, even while playing four years of varsity soccer, he made it through by the grace of God, servant prayers of his parents, and meeting some late night deadlines!

Yes, this poor man cried out, and the Lord heard him! Not that my prayers are any better than anyone else's. I often wonder why He even bothers listening to me! Yet He did! Now we sit here at the end of June 2020 and our son has been accepted, has enrolled, and will be attending Liberty University in the Fall of 2020, Covid-19 and all!!!! Look at my God!

So yes, magnify the Lord with me! Let's exalt His name together! Oh yes, I will praise Him and bless Him at all times . . .good and bad . . .but especially now! When I began to plead with the Lord, many in my circles doubted, but I said wait and see . . .

Well, now they can see! See what God can do! Eye has not seen and ear has not heard what the Lord can and will do for those who love Him. (1 Corinthians 2:9) This is all for the glory of God! 

«Now God, please continue to work in the life of my son as he travels along the path of life. Keep a watch over Him and as he stumbles and falls, and he will, please be there to pick him up and place him back upon solid ground . . .the solid Rock! (Proverbs 3:5-6)

No comments:

To my young people . . .Enjoy life with restraint

Rejoice, O young man, in your youth, and let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth; walk in the ways of your heart and in the sigh...