Sunday, April 7, 2024

Puerto Rico Day 1 . . . Let's Go!

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!” (Isaiah 6:8)

Well, we arrived In Puerto Rico without a hitch yesterday (Saturday), met by our friends from Praying Pelican Missions, Christian and Jorge, loaded up the vans with our luggage and headed to Primera Bautista Iglesia de Peniel in Canovanas, PR. We met three others from a school in Minnesota who will be working with us. It was quite a reunion with or ministry friends (family) here on the island. After a stop at the beachside food vendors and the island specialty of pinchos, we unpacked and set up our bedding at the church. The team met with our leaders for trip logistics. After a dinner of chicken tacos, we then made a stop at WalMart for needed items. Finally we settled in for the night. 

The real work begins this morning as we worship and have bible study with Pastor Abraham and his church. The kids seemed to have adjusted to our sleeping arrangements (even the occasional bug). I am the only one up at this time. 

I have to reflect upon the verse above from Isaiah as it was these words that drew my wife and I to missions some twenty-seven years ago just after we married. They ring just as true today as they did then . . . send me Lord!

I am as excited now as then, to serve both at home and abroad as God leads us . . . within my home, in my neighborhood, in our local area of the DMV, and anywhere else He calls us. God has kept us and used us as a family in so many ways. We are forever grateful.

So let's go!

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...