Thursday, April 11, 2024

PR '24 . . . the hardest part of the week.

But if I say, “I will not mention his word or speak anymore in his name,” His word is in my heart like a fire, a fire 🔥shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in . . . (Jeremiah 20:9)

This is the hardest part of the week. We must wrap up our actual labor within the community. After a night of fellowship, games and food, we pack up to leave the Canovanas community and Pastor Abraham's congregation and head to our mini-retreat in Fajardo, PR. 

On this final day of work in Puerto Rico, God is reminding our team and me that our work does not end just because the week of labor here in Canovanas, PR is ending. If we truly want to honor God, we must realize that the work is not simply a planned week of ministry, but a lifelong journey with God. 

If we know say, "The work is complete", then like Jeremiah wrote,  we will become "weary of holding it in"! That same fire 🔥we feel today must continue to burn as we head home this weekend. We must continue to seek out the lost and assist those in need at home. Do not allow the fire to burn out! 🧯

Can we do that? Can you do that where you are today?

Most people who know me know that my goal is to coach, mentor, teach and inspire the people (especially our youth) that God leads my way to consider a life of ministry and missions. . . . to catch the fire! 🔥The work has to continue or many will be lost. I do not want that on my soul. 

Please keep praying.

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...