Wednesday, April 24, 2024

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God!

Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth! The Lord of hosts is with us...
(Psalm 46: 10-11)

I am one to write lists . . .  daily lists, monthly lists, summer lists, etc. I need to have a plan and then I must carry it out or I feel like I failed someone or something. . . often I feel as though I failed myself or worse . . . I have failed God! Yet like the numerical date today, no matter how I write my list, I cannot change today! Whether I accomplish all my tasks or not, it is still today!

I am learning . . . slowly but surely . . . that accomplishing all I need to do is not so very important. Even pleasing everyone else and their tasks for me does not matter to such an extent. 

What matters is my relationship with Christ and how I am pleasing Him! I need to rest more in Him and seek to accomplish His agenda for me today. That requires me to seek Him more and more often. At times, His agenda for me may be to sit still for a while and rest in Him!

Today will always be today . . . no matter how I write it or plan it . . . backward or forward (4-24-24)! He made it and His will must be accomplished . . . not mine!

No comments:

unity throughout . . . imagine the impact

 Let's face it, God wants us to be one . Jesus was clear in His High-Priest prayer before going to His death:  “I do not pray for these ...