Friday, October 27, 2023

Been hurt?

Been hurt before . . . by a friend, relative, co-worker, maybe even a family member . . . a parent? Forgiving those who hurt us is the key to happiness and inner peace. 

Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. (Colossians 3:12-15)

As my father turns 90 tomorrow, I read a great scripture this morning. Wouldn't you know that God knew too! My parents were old school for sure. Mom always had my back and was always there for me. Dad was more coach than anything else. I never remember hearing "I love you" from them, or even getting a hug. I am sure I had to have experienced that at least once, but I can't recall! I do however, recall the anger, screaming and actual fighting!  

Now that Mom has been gone for seven years, Dad is alone in senior living. It is a challenge to even visit, but I am trying to honor my father as we are instructed in scripture. I am also instructed to forgive . . . for my own peace of mind . . . and pray I do better! 



So, Dad, I forgive you for not being what I wanted and needed . . . even to this day. I pray for your salvation more than anything. I desire His peace for us both!

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...