Thursday, June 22, 2023

Summer 2023 . . . Struggling

Yet I trust Him!

God's grace will be proven by the fire we go through. Eventually, people will see the grace of God by how we handle adversity. Just hang in . . . trust God's will . . . His ways are perfect even when we are not. His grace . . . His favor  . . . the thing we do not even deserve . . . is present. Hang in there.

I can do all things through him who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13)

We all know the verse above. Many quote it when facing challenges. However, if we read the previous few verses we are reminded that Paul is speaking of times when he had plenty, but also time when he had very little. Paul, if we remember, was the "Hebrew of Hebrews" (Philippians 3:5) a Pharisee, and even a citizen of Rome! He had it all at one point. Once confessing Christ, he was rejected by his own people, beaten, jailed, stoned, and abandoned.

But look at the grace of God through it all. We read about also with Daniel, his friends in the fire, David, Samuel, Joseph and others. Even the lowly Mary became the mother of our Savior! 

Take notice everyone. Whatever we are going through . . . good of bad . . . trying or satisfying . . . do it for the glory of God! Believe me, I know. This summer has already been a test for me and my family. Yet I trust Him!

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...