Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Summer 2023: Challenged to be my best, not just rest.

Day 1

Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. (2 Timothy 2:15)

Paul is encouraging Timothy here to ignore the idle chatters around him and be sure to be representing God at all times. What a challenge for me this summer. While I had plans for some exciting times, they were suddenly cancelled and immediately I began to think of "why?".

Why God? Why did this happen to us after so much planning and saving? What did we do to deserve this?

Truth is, it was just His will. It happened and God allowed it! I have to accept it and move on in His will. I cannot be mad or quit on God. ( I am reminded of Job by the way. While I am no way near Job in character, I can learn from his reaction in Job 1:20-22.)

So I will not rest this summer, but be focused upon being my best for Him . . . according to His will.



 

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...