Friday, January 20, 2023

What if . . . exam results

Exam week is over . . . . now what?

Do you get nervous waiting for your exam results? Maybe you can’t eat because your stomach is churning so much. Perhaps you are too upset and worried to sleep? You keep wondering about a whole bunch of questions:
  • What will the results be?
  • Will I make honor roll?
  • Will I still be eligible to play?
  • Will they be enough to get into my university course?
  • What if... what if I don’t get to do what I really, really wanted to do?
Everyone wants to get the "A". But what if . . .Oh, the shock of bad exam results. Maybe I get the good grade. But what if . . . One minute I had my world all planned out, and the next ... well, the next moment everything crashed down around me. 

Here are some questions to deal with:
  • How much am I thinking, "Good marks equals a good person"?
  • How much of my self-esteem depends on my academic results?
  • Am I trusting in God, or am I really trying to control Him by planning out my own future?
  • Have I been expecting God to automatically approve my ideas, rather than letting Him be in charge?
  • What now??????
Exam week is over for students. We teachers now have a stack of tests from nearly a hundred students to correct. Then they receive the exam results. What if?

Remember this: In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps.        (Proverbs 16:9)
  • God loves you.
  • God knows you better than you know yourself.
  • His plans may be different than ours.
  • He loves you for who you are, not what you do.
  • There is nothing too big for God, so keep praying and seeking Him, not the applause of man!
Think on these things now that exam week is over . . . until next semester!😉

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...