Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Grow up . . .The J.O.Y. of being a Christ follower!

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.             (1 Corinthians 13:11 Amplified)

We all grow up . . . for some it just takes a bit longer than others. As I think back on my younger (B.C.) days, I can see how childish I was. I thought it was all about me. Everyone else was wrong and I was right. It could have been at home, at work, even in sports. Then I met Jesus . . . boy did He change things!

It is still a process mind you, but He is showing me day by day, little by little, that this life is about His will and how I treat others . . . what I do for Him and others. You see, the J.O.Y. of being a CHRIST follower is that it is not about me, but Him and others

I was taught this a while back and I am trying my best to live it out; Jesus, Others, then You! In other words, I was taught to grow up!

No matter the circumstance, not matter what people are saying, no matter the cost, we all must grow up and realize our lives are not our own. No more selfish, childish behavior. Our actions impact others daily. We have to grow up!

No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....