Monday, September 26, 2022

Character issues

[Live] as obedient children [of God]; do not be conformed to the evil desires which governed you in your ignorance [before you knew the requirements and transforming power of the good news regarding salvation]. But like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves in all your conduct [be set apart from the world by your godly character and moral courage]; because it is written, “You shall be holy (set apart), for I am holy.” (1 Peter 1:14-16)

I believe most of us would agree, we have character issues within this world! Many of our political leaders have character issues. A number of professional athletes have character issues. Some church leaders have character issues. You and I, yes you and I have character issues at times.

So what do we do about it? Do we simply excuse it as mistakes, slip ups, or a lost my religion moment, or do we address it as Peter stated above?

While we expect our young people in the maturing process to have moments of insanity, we adults have no excuse! In fact, our kids are learning it from us! If we who know the Lord are not walking in integrity, how do we expect our young people to see what CHRISTian character looks like?

I realize every adult is not a CHRIST follower. I see that daily in my interactions in education and sports. However, we who are need to be better job of setting the example and holding out youth to His standard, not the world's!

No more excuses!!! We as believers need to fix our character issues now! It is all about Him, not me/us, no matter the situation!

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...