Thursday, August 25, 2022

children are given to us by the Lord

 For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition which I asked of Him. Therefore I also have lent him to the Lord; as long as he lives he shall be lent to the Lord.” So they worshiped the Lord there. (1 Samuel 1: 27-28)

Our children are given to us by the Lord. We are to be stewards , or guardians of our children for Him and for His glory.

Whether we are parents, coaches, teachers ,or likewise, the children God lends to us are still His and we must be accountable to Him!

I pray for my children and grandchildren daily . . . for God's will in their lives and for them to carry out His will in their lives so He can indeed bless them. I want what God wants for them. I have not been perfect, but I know a God who is perfect! I do my best for God and my family so my actions may one day allow God to bless them.

It is the same for the young people He has lent to us in sports, ministry, and now in the schools in which we teach. I indeed treat them as if God has given them to me for a specific time to learn specific things. I am accountable to God and to the kids and their families to do my best. So I pray for each of them daily. I love them and care for each of them. 

Pray for the children!!!!


No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....