Thursday, July 14, 2022

Prodigals

Lead me, O Lord, in Your righteousness because of my enemies; Make Your way straight before my face.

(Psalms 5:8)
Many times I feel like the prodigal son and other times the prodigal father. 

As much as I repent of my sin, many times I find myself straying and wanting my own way. While I have matured enough to turn back to God quickly, it still haunts me that I can be tricked still.

No wonder my children can get so lost! They live in a world much more shrouded than mine. Right is shown as wrong and selfish and wrong is presented as a personal freedom to choose. After all, "God loves everyone"!


So now as the prodigal father, I put my children and grandchildren in God's hands and continue to watch.

No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....