Monday, June 13, 2022

Summer...redirecting focus . . .but God!

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. (James 1:2-8)

Who likes being tested? Who enjoys trials? Anyone facing the unknown? That is where God has me at this point. At sixty-two, I should be thinking of retirement but that is not the case! I am pondering how long I may have to work to keep my family secure and even where I may be working in the near future!

In this world and economy today, nothing is for sure anymore . . . but God! Yes, it's summer and I should be relaxed, enjoying the freedom from teaching, but that is not the case. We have a mission trip in two weeks with a group of nine teenagers from school. A bit nervous right? Then there is next school year. As is the case every year, next year's plans are tentative, as it is with every year of planning in education.

So what am I to do? I must take my focus of of me and redirect my focus on God. He has provided all along and will do so now. Will it be easy . . . NO! Is it the right thing to do . . . YES! With all the questions this summer, I must redirect my focus and remember these two words . . . BUT GOD!

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...