Wednesday, June 1, 2022

It is all in the past...now it is HIStory!

The past is the past . . . heard that before, huh? Well, it is true. Despite how memorable or forgettable our pasts are, truth is, it is all in the past! So what do we do with the memories . . . the failures . . . the triumphs . . . the mis-steps?

Well. the past may not define us, but it tells our story. As we look back, we can see how much of it is my story and how much is God's story . . . HIS-story. I blew through 30-40 years of life as a sports fanatic. I played just about every sport I could from five years old and up . . . through little league, high school, college, and church league basketball and softball. My successes in sports covered up my failures in life

Along the way Jesus tapped me on my heart and told me there was more . . . way more! Yes, I still love sports, but I now realize my life is in Him and not me. I am living HIS-tory now!

What about you?

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. (Romans 8:1-2)

No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....