Thursday, June 2, 2022

struggles

Surface actions do not line up with inner thoughts . . . sound familiar . . .sounds a lot like the struggles Paul went through doesn't it? This CHRISTian life is a struggle . . . at least for me!

I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. (Romans 7: 15-20)


Living fully for God begins in the mind. We can actually be living what looks like a God-centered life yet in our minds we fight and struggle. Others look at us and think: "What a great CHRISTian!" Yet we look inward and see such a failure. We have to keep repeating what God has done for us. He has redeemed us with His blood! He alone can transform our minds by the washing of His Blood and the guidance of His Spirit.

In the struggles, we must keep our minds stayed upon His promise! Jesus is a Person we know and not a place we go! The struggle is a process but He struggles through with us. We are beloved, chosen and redeemed . . . believe that!

No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....