Thursday, January 13, 2022

Changed plans

 A change in plans . . . how do you deal with that? I know I like to have plans and go according to my list. When something throws a monkey wrench in to my plans, it bothers me. Now I have to adjust my plans for someone or something else. Selfishly, I think to my self, " That's not fair!".

I am a creature of habit. I like planning. I like completing those plans. It gives me a sense of accomplishment when I finish a task or a list. So when those plans change, my whole day, week, or month could go awry. So imagine the Jewish followers of Jesus  when He changed plans


A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” (John 13:34-35)

💔Love💔 . . . as a follower of Christ this love must cover all of our plans! It requires sacrifice. Because He first loved us and put His agenda aside to step down into a sinful world and sacrifice for us, we too must love like that! Our plans must be laid aside at times for the needs of others. It is how we show His love!

I don't know about you, but I may have to change my plans today!

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...