Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Failure or a Re-Start? How is God working in your life?

Don't be afraid of a re-start. I know I do not like failure. As an athlete since I was five years old, it has been engrained in me to win. Just about everything is a competition to me. Just ask my wife. She often asks, "Does everything have to be a competition with you?" My answer is a simple, "Yes"!" I have to fight it daily.

As a believer, I hate failing God, even though I do it daily. However, when He gives me a specific assignment, I want to finish it and finish it well. Yet I am learning that even when God gives me work to do, it is He who is doing the work through me, not me working for Him. I am just a toll in the Craftman's hands.

Lately He has shifted our ministry focus and it is a bit hard to handle. For over twenty years He has used us in a unique way to serve teens and families here in the DMV. But things have changed. It is a bit weird!  Have we failed God or is He simply saying "I want you to adapt"? I am beginning to understand that He is giving us a re-start. He still wants us to serve, but is a different sort of way and even a unique arena. I am open to Hid calling and provision.


Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
(2 Corinthians 5: 20-21)

Our goal is till to bring people to Christ, yet as His ambassador, just maybe He is shifting our assignment!

What about you? Failure or a Re-Start? How is God working in your life?

No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....