Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Running . . .running . . .running

 

Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3: 12-14)

Running . . .running . . .running . . . even when we are standing still sometimes it seems as if we are always running! Life never stops, even during a pandemic. We may be restricted to certain areas and within certain boundaries, but life never gets easy, especially for the Christ follower. 


I don't know about you, but many times it seems I am either running the race with Christ or fleeing the lusts that Satan puts before me! Either way, I seem to always be running . . . even in my sleep at times! Running from the past . . . running away from temptations . . . running to the cross . . . sometimes it seems as if I am running in circles! The CHRISTian race is constant! 

I remember one piece of advice I received years ago . . . always be found leaning forward! I think this is Paul's reminder in his words above to those in Philippi: reach forward to those things which are ahead . . . the prize that awaits us in Christ! We must keep our eyes on the prize, despite the challenges we face here on earth. 

Young or old, male or female, we must keep leaning forward and never stop running spiritually! We may get physically tired, we may get weary in the legs, we may even end up walking or crawling at times, but keep leaning . . . pressing  . . . forward! (Isaiah 40:30-31)

By the way Feliz Cinco de Mayo y'all!

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...