Monday, October 5, 2020

Take notice!

The Lord tells the people of Judah, 

“Stand where the roads cross, and look around.
    Ask where the old paths are.
Ask for the good path, and walk on it.
    Then your hearts will find rest in me.
    But you said, ‘We won’t walk on it.’

I appointed prophets to warn you. I said,

    ‘Listen to the sound of the trumpets!’
    But you said, ‘We won’t listen.’

So pay attention, you nations.

    You are witnesses for me.
    Watch what will happen to my people.

Earth, pay attention.

    I am going to bring trouble on them.
    I will punish them because of the evil things they have done.
They have not listened to my words.
    They have said no to my law. (Jeremiah 6:16-19)

Simple words here from the prophet Jeremiah which the Lord gave him concerning Judah. I believe we can heed to them today. 

God tells Jeremiah to have the world take take notice: ignoring God will bring calamity and confusion!  Oh America. . . Oh CHRISTians in America, when will we take notice and start following God's ways rather than the acceptable norms of this society? Have our eyes been that blinded and our hearts so seared that we no longer even recognize God's voice above that of politics, Hollywood, and social media?


Will we ask of God for the good path and walk upon it or will we continue to say, "We won't listen"?

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...