Friday, October 2, 2020

Rebuke...Chastening...Repent....Overcome...Are we HEARING Him?

 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten.Therefore be zealous and repent.  Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne."He who has an ear, let him hear what what the Spirit says to the churches." ' " (Revelation 3:19-22)

As I am teaching my 11-12th graders from Revelation, I am learning so much myself! 

Look, we live in challenging times. Noise is everywhere! Protests....Injustice....Looting....Shootings....Marches....Political bickering both in public and behind closed doors.....and within churches and families....

But are we hearing from God? He is definitely chastening us individually and as a nation. Our response collectively and individually needs to be that of confession, repentance and then a zealous and active engagement. Christ did not overcome the world and sin passively. He actively engaged a culture of societal woes and political oppression. 


Knock, knock. . . Are we hearing? Are our eyes, ears, and hearts open to what He is saying? You, I, the Church Body needs to be the active force of change....not the Republicans, the Democrats, the BLM, ACLU, Proud Boys or any other group with shrouded agendas. 

There is enough noise. We have been chastened. Now what? Can we hear...listen...obey?

No comments:

It may not come when you want it . . .

Nevertheless you have done well that you shared in my distress.  Now you Philippians know also that in the beginning of the gospel, when I ...