Thursday, September 10, 2020

saved daily by His grace

 

By the law, I died as far as the law is concerned. I died so that I might live for God.  I have been crucified with Christ. I don’t live any longer, but Christ lives in me. Now I live my life in my body by faith in the Son of God. He loved me and gave himself for me.  I do not get rid of the grace of God. What if a person could become right with God by obeying the law? Then Christ died for nothing!(Galatians 2:19-21)

Paul (Saul) was once a respected, educated, powerful and popular Pharisee. Then he met Jesus, or should I say Jesus met him! He realized he was never anything without Jesus and never would be. Saul died and now Paul lived: rather Jesus lived through Paul. 

Whatever we do, whatever we accomplish, however much we earn or accumulate, it is nothing . . . .We are nothing without having the One Who died for us as our Lord and Savior! It took me decades to come to that realization. Over thirty years in church, it took tragedy and loneliness outside of church to allow Jesus in.


After nearly thirty of life with Christ, I am still humbled by his grace and my stupidity! Like Paul, I finally realize it's all about Him, not me! Still a sinner, being saved daily by His grace! Lord willing, I will sin less and less until that day He declares me sinless!

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...