Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Focus upon the Holy Spirit!

The power of sin should no longer control the way we live. The Holy Spirit should control the way we live. So don’t live under the control of sin. If you do, you will think about what sin wants. Live under the control of the Holy Spirit. If you do, you will think about what the Spirit wants. The thoughts of a person ruled by sin bring death. But the mind ruled by the Spirit brings life and peace. The mind ruled by the power of sin is at war with God. It does not obey God’s law. It can’t. Those who are under the power of sin can’t please God.(Romans 8:4-8)

How is it possible to focus on the Holy Spirit with so much evil going on around us? We see  sin everywhere . . . on TV, on the internet, in our neighborhoods, in our homes, in our schools, even in our churches! Though we are ALL sinners, those of us who are in Christ have the power within us to not sin!

As impossible as that sounds, it can be done. Have I mastered it? Nope . . . not yet. However, I attempt to every day by His power, not mine. I am learning to surround my self with His Word and His people (my wife especially) to keep me focused. When I see or experience evil, I am learning to discern whether or not I should even entertain the thought to confront it. 

Sin and evil seem to seek me out if I don't search for it myself.  What about you? Have you put up barriers to keep out sin? Have you removed some people from you social circles and replaced them with some Godly influences? Do you have others to keep a watch on your internet choices? With whom do you share your music play lists? Do you even read scripture, seek biblical articles and videos, have a church home?


You see, just like we choose to sin, we choose not to sin! Instead of focusing upon our next sinful endeavor, try focusing upon the Holy Spirit inside and His choices for you! It's a process . . . .

No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....