Thursday, July 9, 2020

you will have great success

 I will give all of you every place you walk on, just as I promised Moses. Your territory will reach from the Negev Desert all the way to Lebanon. The great Euphrates River will be to the east. The Mediterranean Sea will be to the west. Your territory will include all the Hittite country. Joshua, no one will be able to oppose you as long as you live. I will be with you, just as I was with Moses. I will never leave you. I will never desert you. Be strong and brave. You will lead these people. They will take the land as their very own. It is the land I promised to give their people of long ago.
“Be strong and very brave. Make sure you obey the whole law my servant Moses gave you. Do not turn away from it to the right or the left. Then you will have success everywhere you go.  Never stop reading this Book of the Law. Day and night you must think about what it says. Make sure you do everything written in it. Then things will go well with you. And you will have great success Here is what I am commanding you to do. Be strong and brave. Do not be afraid. Do not lose hope. I am the Lord your God. I will be with you everywhere you go.” (Joshua 1:3-9)
 Funny, over twenty years ago, these were the words God spoke to my wife as we were preparing to begin ministry. Now, as we are transitioning to a somewhat different life, yet still a life of total dependence upon God, He now reminds me!

About a year ago I asked God to supply what was needed to allow Michael to attend Liberty University, our  alma mater. There was no way we could pay the costs. Many doubted. They doubted that God could provide so much money (really?), they doubted Michael (he's not academic type, just a normal teen), and they doubted even more when Covid-19 struck! Oh, but God!!! I never doubted Him. I kept quiet, but no longer!

He has supplied over $25,000 in aid and grants so far. While we still need a bit more, we are walking into the land He has granted us by faith (v.8)  . . . Liberty University . . . even for the following three years, not just 2020! He has granted us the opportunity (v.3) and we now must courageously walk into it! (v.9)

That's my God!!!!

No comments:

unity throughout . . . imagine the impact

 Let's face it, God wants us to be one . Jesus was clear in His High-Priest prayer before going to His death:  “I do not pray for these ...