Friday, July 10, 2020

Remember.....Memories!

Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh—who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands—  that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.  But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation,  having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace,  and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity. (Ephesians 2:11-16) 
Four years agao I was on a mission trip with several teens and my wife in New Orleans. I had just heard that my mom passed away. She had suffered for over ten years with dementia, a disease which took her life mentally years before. The kids and even my wife wondered why I was "OK".

Add caption
Well, you see, I remember who she was, not what dementia had done to her. I had asked God for years to take her peacefully, as long as He had saved her. I used to read scripture to her at the nursing home. I had previously prayed with her to accept Christ when she was still coherent. However, only God knows her heart. I can't say for sure. I can only remember the things we spoke about while she was still Mom.

Cherish the people you have in your life. Care for
their souls. When they are gone, be sure the memories do not cause sleepless nights. Use every opportunity you have to share Christ, even if it is uncomfortable. Then trust God....soon life will be just memories!

No comments:

unity throughout . . . imagine the impact

 Let's face it, God wants us to be one . Jesus was clear in His High-Priest prayer before going to His death:  “I do not pray for these ...