Thursday, July 16, 2020

God is still God: I am still His!







But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat?  Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.(2 Peter 3:8-13)
 God is still God and I am still his!
It's so hard after hearing the news that schools will once again be virtual to look forward to school! After being locked in and locked out for months, I was looking forward to and praying for a somewhat "normal" school year . . . at least a few days in the classroom! But "No!" I heard my concience whisper, "Where are You God?"

Yet again, He has reminded me, through Peter, that God is still God! He is still in control. His plan is best! He is not slack, uncaring, or blind! I, we simply have to trust Him over the things and people of this world. . . even ourselves and our plans! I still belong to Him!

Lord, help me to stay focused upon You and use this time to prepare for the things You are preparing for me! Use me to Your glory!

No comments:

unity throughout . . . imagine the impact

 Let's face it, God wants us to be one . Jesus was clear in His High-Priest prayer before going to His death:  “I do not pray for these ...