Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Have Mercy Upon Me, O God!

Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Your lovingkindness;
According to the multitude of Your tender mercies,
blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity,and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions,And my sin is always before me. Against You, You only, have I sinned . . . and done this evil in Your sight—That You may be found just when You speak, and blameless when You judge. (Psalm 51:1-4)
Every now and then, sin creeps in, but even more boldly, God brings His mercy to my remembrance! While I acknowledge my sin before Him, He always forgives . . ., but do I take advantage of His grace and mercy often! While I know of my sin, I also know He will forgive me. 


However, when will His grace run out? When will His mercy cease?

Do you ever pray as Paul, that the thorns would be removed? (2 Corinthians 12:8-10) While my sin keeps me ever repenting, I do often pray for temptation of sin to be removed. Then I realize it is I who must decide to allow the Holy Spirit total control of my decisions. Grace needs to be sufficient . . . needs to be enough!

Lord, thank You for Your grace, mercy and forgiveness. Holy Spirit . . . You are invited to take over!

No comments:

To my young people . . .Enjoy life with restraint

Rejoice, O young man, in your youth, and let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth; walk in the ways of your heart and in the sigh...