Friday, April 17, 2020

A Need for Revival

Now, Lord, look on their threats, and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word, by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus.” And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness. Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul; neither did anyone say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common. And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all. Nor was there anyone among them who lacked; for all who were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of the things that were sold....(Acts 4:29-34)
I have been praying for a need for REVIVAL for some time now. I have pleaded with God to ignite our church and the school where I teach to be set ablaze with His Spirit. . . . Not a revival planned by man, but a REVIVAL created in us by His Holy Spirit!

Now, through this pandemic, I realize it must first start in me! I must allow the Holy Spirit to change me! I must be changed by Him. You and I must allow the Holy Spirit to work within us before the church or the school changes. REVIVAL does not occur in a building, but within God's people.

We must give over to Him so He can shake us (v.31). We must truly honor one accord (v.32). We must truly care form one another (v.34).

Then . . . and only then will we go and others will experience the  REVIVAL in us.

No comments:

unity throughout . . . imagine the impact

 Let's face it, God wants us to be one . Jesus was clear in His High-Priest prayer before going to His death:  “I do not pray for these ...