Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Tired of social-distancing already?

Feeling edgy? Tired of social-distancing already? Paul would understand very well what is like to be locked in....separated, and restricted. After all, he had many government imposed sanctions as he was beaten, imprisoned, stoned and chased out of towns. However he did not lose hope and neither will we!
Therefore I ask that you do not lose heart at my tribulations for you, which is your glory. For this reason I now my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man,  that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height . . .  to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen. (Ephesians 3:13-21)
As I speak to my family and students in these challenging days, I can only share what God has given to me . . . faith and trust! I know from experience what God can and will do! Not only have I read it in the bible, but I am living it! In my lifetime I have seen Him work through racism, anthrax threats, sniper shootings, and 911. I have seen Him work in emergency rooms, through cancer scares, and yes, through death.

His love is greater than any circumstance. He will go more than we can imagine, but only if we allow Him total control of our lives and allow His Spirit to work from Within us . . . "the POWER that works within us!" (Ephesians 3:21)

God has been to yesterday. He will be there when this is all over. But if we want to experience Him today...here today, because He has backed away from us due to our pride (willful sins), we must draw near to Him on His terms. He is still a Rewarder of those who diligently seek Him! (Hebrews 11:6)

Draw near to God, He will draw near to you! (James 4:8) Yes even during social distancing!

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...