Tuesday, June 4, 2019

I am required by God!

Listen to counsel and receive instruction, that you may be wise in your latter days. There are many plans in a man’s heart, nevertheless the Lord’s counsel—that will stand. (Proverbs 19:20-21)
Wise words from God for my middle school graduates, or for that matter, any graduates from kindergarten through doctorate levels!  It is never wise to think we have learned it all. I have learned through sports and school that there is always someone better, more intelligent, harder working, and more talented than I am. I can only do what I can do, yet I am required by God to be all He has planned for me to be!

Ultimately, we owe God but can never repay Him. For all He has done, we are to give Him our lives (Romans 12:1-2). Each day we live we are to give to Him. We live. We learn.

We grow. We share. We serve. We can do nothing in and of ourselves, but everything with God's help and for His glory! Only what we do for Christ will last (Matthew 6:33).

What a challenge for us all!!!!
Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (2 Timothy 2:15)
 

No comments:

It's ok to celebrate....look forward to good times!

Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sinceri...