Monday, June 3, 2024

Finish well . . . honor God.

As Paul was coming to the end of his life, in chains for preaching the Truth, he had only one thought in mind  . . .  

But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joyand the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God. (Acts 20:24)

Whether we are finishing a project, completing a task at home, ending the school year (like many fellow teachers), or ending a high school or college journey (like many students today), we must remember that we are to finish well

As believers and followers of Christ, we are called to do all we do with excellence. We are not to limp to the finish line, but rather, run through it! Paul desired to honor God until the very end of his life, even though he was in chains for doing what God called him to do. Often, we feel chained, bound, and held captive by the current morals and principles of this world. We cannot allow this to hold us back and cause us to withdraw. We must push through and continue to do the right thing. 

So meet those deadlines. Finish that project. Complete the work. Walk across that stage. Finish well . . . Honor God! There is always a new task ahead . . .

No comments:

The "S" word....