Friday, March 15, 2024

Gut check . . . .and a little about St. Patrick!

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. (Mathew 7:21)

I am having a little fun today as we are approaching St. Patrick's day, as we who may just be a 'lil bit Irish and some who are in no way Irish celebrate the culture anyway! By the way, the original color of Ireland was
blue . . . changed to green during the Irish rebellion and the shamrock ☘ became a fighting symbol of unity. 

Patrick, or Succat as he was known in Gaelic, was a true man of God. Taken into slavery from England as a teen by Druid priests, he managed to escape back to England. He gave his life to Christ and then returned to Ireland determined to win his captors for Christ! He did the will of God despite the sacrifice and struggles.

This is a portion of the prayer he kept within his breastplate: 

"Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me, Christ on my right, Christ on my left, Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down, Christ when I arise, Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me, Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me, Christ in every eye that sees me, Christ in every ear that hears me."

So here is the GUT CHECK? Are we willing to do the Father's will?

No comments:

The verdict is in . . . .

Ever been in a courtroom setting where everyone is anxiously awaiting the decision of the judge and jury? Lives are at stake. The future of ...