Thursday, January 25, 2024

To my students past and present . . . and a prayer for me!

Obey those who rule over you, and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as those who must give account. Let them do so with joy and not with grief, for that would be unprofitable for you. Pray for us; for we are confident that we have a good conscience, in all things desiring to live honorably. But I especially urge you to do this . . . (Hebrews 13:17-19)

Pictured below is my very first high school graduation class . . . 2012. What a special group of young people! They taught me so much. Some are now doctors, business owners, professional athletes, police officers, and more. Not many believed in them, but God knew. In my nearly fifteen years of teaching and over forty years of coaching and mentoring youth, I have been blessed to say the least by so many young people.

As a husband, grandparent, parent, teacher, coach and mentor, there is a burden I carry daily. I am spiritually responsible for so many . . . past and present. It is a role by which I am humbled but also one I cherish. I am also accountable to God, which really humbles me!

Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.
(James 3:1)

So please students past and present. . . pray for me and those under my voice today!

No comments:

What do you need answers to at this time? Ask God!

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God , who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him a...