Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Teach me Lord

 Teach me Lord . . . . yes teach ME!

“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and hid; and for joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking beautiful pearls, who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had and bought it.(Matthew 13:44-46)

Think of the challenges lately . . . as a grandfather, dad, husband, teacher, coach, mentor, I have had plenty not over my lifetime, but even over the past few months. Family deaths, health issues, challenges in relationships, financial decisions, and kids . . . yes the kids!

Whether my children and grandchildren or the young people God has allowed into my life, our kids have challenges. Many times we adults wonder why they have it so tough today. After all, it wasn't that bad for us was it . . . was it?

Truth be told, it wasn't that bad for us! I would not want to be young today, but I am so blessed and privileged to be involved and engaged in the lives of so many young people today! We all had that one adult . . . that one teacher . . . that one coach who took time to discover us! 

As Matthew wrote above, they are like "treasure hidden in a field." When we discover that one pearl, we have the opportunity to build into that child and watch God work. We never know the plans God has for that one precious treasure He has allowed us to discover. 

As we think of that one . . . teach me Lord not to discard him or her or even pass them along to someone else. That child could be the gem . . . the pearl . . . the treasure He would have us to mold and shape for His use in the future. We cannot afford to blow it!


No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...