Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Set apart for God . . . me?

Therefore we also pray always for you that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfill all the good pleasure of His goodness and the work of faith with power, that the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and you in Him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ. (2 Thessalonians 1:11-12)

Several scriptures call us as believers to be holy, that is set apart by God for His work. That to me still blows me away. Yes, I have asked Jesus to cleanse me from sin, knowing I am an awful sinner and deserving eternal hell. I trust in His blood  sacrifice upon the cross and look forward to eternal life with Him as a result of His resurrection. 

Yet still . . . me . . . set apart for God? I will never understand why a perfect and Almighty God would even care to want to be in a relationship with me. He also wants to use me to represent Him in this world? That is simply crazy . . . the crazy love God has for me!

Thank You God for allowing me into Your presence and changing my heart to serve You. Help me to do just that!

No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....