Thursday, December 21, 2023

CHRISTmas Blessings . . . expect them from God not man!

My soul, wait silently for God alone. For my expectation is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory; the Rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. (Psalm 62:5-7)

Many people today look forward to the giving and receiving of gifts at CHRISTmas. That is not a bad thing in and of itself. We all do! However, as I have matured in Christ and at the same time been disappointed and let down by people, I have come to look forward to CHRISTmas blessings from God

You see, it is no longer the toys, the gifts or the money that excite me so much. For that matter, it is not even the people. Gifts can disappoint . . . wrong size, wrong color, etc. Money is spent way too quickly. People . . . well we all have been let down by friends, families and others on occasion, especially during the HOLYdays. 

Yet God has never let me down. He knows what fits for me. He gives me what I need when I need it. So as I look back and remember the past, I can see how faithful He has been. So I wait on God. I expect things from Him. I won't change my course any longer to follow man's designs. He alone is my Rock and my Comfort. I trust Him!

What blessings are you expecting this CHRISTmas

No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....