Friday, December 8, 2023

All I really need is Jesus!

Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content:  I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. . . . .Indeed I have all and abound. I am full, having received from Epaphroditus the things sent from you, a sweet-smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God. And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (PHILIPPIANS 4:11-19)

I need so much . . . you need so much.. However, the closer I get to Christ and the more I understand Who He is and what He wants from me, all I really need is Jesus! He knows what is best for me. Though others may offer advice and give me temporary fixes, Jesus knows me intimately. He knows what I need and when I need it.

Like Paul, I can look back and realize that whether I had little or a lot, God was with me. When others abandoned me, when others ridiculed me, when others deliberately hurt me . . . there was Jesus! (https://youtu.be/28a2MSoGgjA?si=guglrgRk0pG13r6Z)

He has supplied for us as a missionary family now for twenty-seven years! He has a made a way for daily supply for family needs as well as more than the sixty individuals we ministered to living within our home. He has provided for every one of our more than twenty short-term mission trips to St. Vincent, New Orleans, NY, Jackson ,MS, Columbia, SC and Puerto Rico. 

All I really need is Jesus! What about you?

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...