Thursday, November 9, 2023

Why worry?

"Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothing. . . . And do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink, nor have an anxious mind. For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you need these things. But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you. (Luke 12:23,29-31)

We worry too much and pray too little. I know that is my issue. I even worry in my prayers....repeating things over and over as if God did not hear me the first time! I know Paul says to "pray unceasingly", (1 Thessalonians 5:16-17)but does that mean to repeat my desires over and over again within five minutes? It's like, "God, did you hear me the first time?"

Deep inside, I know God hears me and knows my desires for my life, my family, and the students I teach. However, when I do not see results in my timing, I do get anxious and I worry.

While I desire to do His work, as most of us do, the worries of the world get in the way. We know God is in control but we would like Him to work a bit faster! I guess it is human nature . . . but for us it should be His Spirit-nature controlling us!

Lord help us trust you today and tomorrow . . . why worry?

No comments:

What do you need answers to at this time? Ask God!

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God , who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him a...