Friday, November 10, 2023

Keep the main thing the main thing.

But you, dear friends, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life. Be merciful to those who doubt; save others by snatching them from the fire; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh. (Jude 20-23)

These are definitely the worst of times . . . and yes, the best of times. I try daily to please God, but with all the stuff going on around me . . . it is tough. As a life coach/teacher, it is challenging to stay focused upon God and His will when so many lies are being floated around and so many are accepting these lies. It becomes difficult to teach and model Truth, when so many are living examples of the lies of Satan.

I must remind myself to keep the main thing the main thing. I have to see the world as God does; sick, depraved and in need of help . . . the help only Jesus can offer! When others doubt me and my words . . . even the Words of Jesus Himself, I still must stay focused. Many times my motives and methods are questioned, yet I simply want to see people . . . especially our youth . . . come to know and serve Christ. It can be depressing indeed. I have to stay focused upon His will and His presence. It can get lonely doing His will when others don't get it.

I must keep the main thing the main thing!

No comments:

Salt and Light