Monday, November 20, 2023

from my performance to His presence

Moving from my performance to His presence . . .

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works . . .
(Ephesians 2:8-10)

Let these words sit and permeate our souls for a while. God did not create me to do things to be noticed. He created me to bring notice to Him. He saved me from eternal hell to know Him eternally and to share Him with others so they too may know Him.

Everything I do is for His glory and renown, not my popularity or promotion. We cannot possibly do anything to gain salvation in Christ. It is His grace. Once saved however, our works, which He establishes in us, will bring Him glory and recognition.

I am striving to move from my performance into His presence.

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...