Friday, October 20, 2023

Why do we do the things we do? Have we not been "called"?

Ever wonder . . . "why do we do the things we do"? What is our motivation? As believers, are we even being honest with ourselves? Have we not been called?

If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.  But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.(1 John 1:6-7)

I am determined more than ever to do my best to reach everyone with the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ . . . especially my children, grandchildren and the young people under my influence. I do not believe my ministry, my education, nor my job are simply careers, but a calling. With each passing day, I am more convinced to more in tune with God the Holy Spirit and His Word so I can be more in tune with those around me. Many nights I finish the evening beat . . . worn out. It is more mentally and spiritually than physically too. It is the world we leave in . . . the one I live in . . . the one God has in to labor! I have been called . . . what about you?

Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus. To this end I also labor, striving according to His working which works in me mightily. (Colossians 1:28-29)

No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....